Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Week 10 Thanksgiving guests!

Dear Guests,

Welcome to Mme Powell’s blog! This week students were asked to write a letter expressing their gratitude for their families. If you are visiting this site, you are undoubtedly here to respond to that young person. Thank you for contributing to our blog. Please follow the guidelines below when posting your comment:

  • Click on the link at the bottom of this post that indicates how many comments have been left so far.
  • Type your comment in the large box.
  • If you like, sign your first name or relationship so that the student will know who is appreciating them! (e.g. Carol, Uncle Jim, Grandma, etc.)
  • Please identify the student by first name and last initial only. We want to protect the identities of our student bloggers on the world wide web.
  • Please limit your comment to 2-4 sentences. We know these are great kids and you could go on and on about them…but 2-4 carefully chosen thoughts will ultimately mean more than volumes upon volumes could.
  • Be sure to type in the special “word” in squiggly font in the narrow box before submitting your comment. This proves that you are not a spamming machine.

Your comment will not display immediately, but will be sent to me for approval before publication. (Don’t worry. I won’t critique your grammar or spelling.J)

While you are here, feel free to read some of the contributions of students from earlier weeks. They are really growing as writers.

Once again, we’re glad you could join us this week as we celebrate Thanksgiving by sharing our appreciation for each other. Thank you for your time and participation in this project. Children grow so much and so beautifully with support from family and friends.

Kind regards and best wishes for a wonderful holiday,
Mme Powell

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm writing to tell you about my son, Carter P. He is a sweet and thoughtful boy, with many gifts for music, art, and sports. He makes me smile, he gives the BEST hugs every morning, and he is a ton of fun. I love him very much and I can't wait to go to Paris with him next year to hear him speak French all the time!

Anonymous said...

Cade has a fantastic sense of humor. He's very smart and artistic. He has a sense of style. He gives really great hugs, eskimo kisses and especially butterfly kisses. He helps me sit up straight so my back won't hurt. He has a tender heart and cares for those less fortunate than he. Mom

Anonymous said...

We call Patrick our little whirling dervish - he brings endless energy and fun to our house! He cracks us up and wears us out, and he always has time for a squeeze and a smile.



P.C.-SW#7

Unknown said...

I am so grateful and thankful for my beautiful and lovely daughter, Sarah A. Sarah has kind eyes, a giving spirit and a big and beautiful heart. She is so loving and thoughtful to her friends and family, and I love how she treats others as she would want to be treated. I also love to listen to her sing in church and in my car.

Anonymous said...

Grace is a very importatnt person to me. Her greatest gift of all is kindness. She is always quick with a smile or a caring word. She is my sunshine. Thank you, Gracie!

Anonymous said...

We are so appreciative of the way Noah lights up a room. He has a commanding personality and seems to be energized by his friends, fellow students and teachers. We are so proud of all of his accomplishments; whether they are on the slopes, behind the boat, in the classroom or at home. He is an awesome son and we are proud to be his parents. M & D

Anonymous said...

Kevin C. impresses us with his interest in the word around him. He shows a great deal of interest in history and current affairs. He possesses a tremendous amount of energy which when focused is usually beneficial. He impresses us with his intensity toward his favorite sport, baseball. We are impressed with his love for reading, when he finds the right book and in his writing. He has penned many ‘novels’.

Jim said...

Cristiana is my caring and considerate daughter. She is artistic, sensitive and loves brighten people’s day. I especially enjoy her series of goodbye rituals, ranging from kisses, hugs to multiple hand kisses. We religiously perform these prior to every departure. I am thankful and proud to be her Dad.

Anonymous said...

My sister Katie B is just an amazing sister. She has a great sense of humor. I think she is one of the nicest kids around. She gives to others. She is really helpful arond the house. She is really smart too. She reads so much every night and she almost never sleeps. I am very thankful that she is my sister and I am positive she is the best sister I could ever have.

Ben B

Anonymous said...

Lauren R.
I am thankful to God that he gave us you, Lauren. I’m thankful for all the laughter you bring to the house and all the love you show Lillian and Ellen by playing with them. I love that are willing to hang out with Erik…most of the time. Thank you for all your help around the house. Dad and I are so proud of you. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

We love the compassion Maddie has for others. She is always willing to help those in need. Her enthusiasm is contagious; including her love of skiing, animals, family and friends. Maddie has an infectious giggle, and sparkling blue eyes that bring warmth to our hearts. We love our "little angel." -- Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Dearest Estee,
We are so thankful to have you as part of our family with your sweet smile and generous heart. Your beautiful and expressive drawings, that you so artistically create, are enjoyed and admired by everyone. We also love the “squisher” hugs that you give us at bedtime!
Hugs and Kisses,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Benjamin is such a hard worker. He does a great job keeping his room clean and helping with the dishes. He has a great sense of humor and loves all kinds of sports. I really appreciate his thoughtfulness for others.
Mom

BenF

Anonymous said...

Maria brightens each day for me because she is so enthusiastic about life. She sees the world with creative and curious eyes and I learn much more from her than she learns from me. Most of all, I am grateful that she has a kind and caring heart, not only for her family and friends, but even for the smallest creatures on earth.

Mom

Anonymous said...

My sister is the best!She can have a amazing sense of humor. It's amazing how talented at Skating,lacrosse and flag foot ball.I can't describe how awesome she is!



- Caroline
J #11